Managed investment schemes comprise managed funds and other managed investments schemes where people invest money to participate in financial benefits without day-to-day involvement. You need to register a managed investment scheme on the Disclose Register before you can make an offer under that scheme.
Registering a scheme
Make sure you have all the information and documents you'll need to complete your online application. You'll have 120 days to complete your application once you start.
Advising us of participants
Make sure your scheme participants exist on another register or directory.
The acceptance process
Make sure the information and documents you provide to us are correct and complete.
Financial Service Providers
Some participants to a scheme will need to be registered as a Financial Service Provider and/or licensed to provide a specific financial service.
More 'Managed investment schemes' guides:
- Some online transactions, such as registering a scheme, have a fee attached.
- Find out how to update scheme details and documents.
- Read our guidelines for preparing and uploading documents including PDS.
- Find out when you need to file an annual report for a scheme.
- Find out when you need to file financial statements for a scheme.
- What happens if the FMA cancel's a scheme's registration.
- These guides may assist you to complete your online application to register a scheme.