Filing annual reports
Prepare your report within 4 months and 28 days of balance date
Part of: Managed investment schemes
You'll receive reminders from us when your scheme's annual report is due (within 4 months and 28 working days of the scheme's financial reporting balance date). Once you provide the annual report to us, you should receive a decision from us within 3 working days. When it's accepted, we'll advise the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).
Who can file an annual report
To file an annual report you must:
- have a RealMe® login
- be a registered user of your organisation's online services account
- have confirmed authority to act.
Checking your annual report
Review your annual report before providing it to us, and make sure you're only including the information that's required.
Once your annual report has been accepted by us, it will be publicly available on the Disclose Register.
We may need more information
If we're unable to accept the annual report, for example, an incorrect document has been uploaded, we'll email you.
The 'In progress' section of your Dashboard will show the status of your annual report as 'Revise'.
You'll have 5 working days to make any corrections and return the application to us via your Dashboard to avoid paying the fee twice.
We may not accept for some reason
Make sure you double-check all your information. If your annual report is rejected, this will mean completing a new application and paying the fee again.
Filing annual reports on time
If the annual report isn't provided on time, we'll place a non-compliance alert against the scheme and we'll advise FMA that it's overdue.
We can't waive breaches or grant extensions in filing time. If you want to discuss late or overdue filing, contact FMA through their Ask a Question online service.
More 'Managed investment schemes' guides:
- Managed investment scheme registration process Find out what information and documents you need to provide when registering a scheme.
- Managed investment scheme fees Some online transactions, such as registering a scheme, have a fee attached.
- Keeping managed investment scheme details up to date Find out how to update scheme details and documents.
- Uploading managed investment scheme documents Read our guidelines for preparing and uploading documents including PDS.
- Filing financial statements Find out when you need to file financial statements for a scheme.
- Cancelling managed investment schemes What happens if the FMA cancel's a scheme's registration.
- Managed investment scheme legislative reference guides These guides may assist you to complete your online application to register a scheme.