Registering overseas offers

You'll have 120 days to complete your application once you start

If you're an overseas entity, you may be able to extend an offer that is registered in your home jurisdiction into New Zealand. This can be done under a recognition regime, (currently available only to Australian entities), or under an exemption granted by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).

Who can register an offer

To register an overseas offer you must:

  • have a RealMe® login
  • be a registered user of your organisation's online services account
  • have authority to act.

Before you begin your application

Make sure you have all the information and documents you'll need to complete your online application, including an opt-in notice.

Participant details — Overseas issuers

Issuers must first exist on the list of overseas issuers or the Overseas Register.

Register an overseas offer

To register an offer, log in to your organisation's online services account and follow these steps.

  1. Select the Register tab.
  2. Select the Offer into New Zealand under recognition regime option.
  3. Complete the online form.
  4. Upload your documents for the offer.
  5. On the Review screen check that your application is complete and correct.
  6. Pay the registration fee if applicable.
    • If you're registering an offer under the Financial Market Conduct Regulations recognition scheme, no fees are payable. Select Submit to send us your application for acceptance.
    • If you're relying on a Financial Markets Conduct Act exemption, refer to the link below for fees that apply. Once you've completed your payment, select the Continue button on the payment screen to send your application to us for acceptance.

You'll receive confirmation onscreen that your application has been sent.

Forms for overseas issuers

For further information refer to the FMA website.


Offers being extended into New Zealand from countries other than Australia may be made under an FMC Act exemption. FMA grants these exemptions and information about who can apply, how much they cost and the time it takes can be found on the FMA website.

If you've been granted an exemption, you'll need to provide the offer documents on the Companies Office overseas issuer register. To do this email your documents to:


If you're unsure how exemptions relate to you, contact FMA by phone or email.

Phone: 0800 434 567


More 'Overseas offers registration process' guides:

All help topics

Searching Disclose 2 guides

You don't need to log in to search the Disclose Register.

Registering or maintaining schemes or offers 5 guides

Disclose Register fees and levies 6 guides

Managing your online services account 7 guides

To register and maintain offers and schemes on the Disclose Register your organisation must have an online services account. You can control who has authority to access and use the account on your behalf.