To register an offer, you'll need to enter the issuer's name and the registration number that's been allocated to them on either the list of issuers or the Overseas Register. Then you can provide details for the issuer as needed.
An overseas entity must exist as either:
- an entity on the list of overseas issuers maintained by the Companies Office, or
- a company on the Overseas Register.
Entity on the list of overseas issuers
Visit the Companies Office website to find out whether you're already registered on the list of overseas issuers.
If you need to be registered as an overseas issuer, complete and submit our Record a new overseas issuer form.
We'll record the entity on the list of overseas issuers and email you a confirmation within 3 working days, which will include an entity identification number.
You'll then be able to request authority to act and register your offer on the Disclose Register.
Company on the Overseas Register
Visit the Companies Office website to find out whether you're already registered on the Overseas Register.
To search the register follow these steps.
- Select Advanced Search alongside the search field.
- From the drop-down menu under Entity, select whether you're a:
- Overseas ASIC entity
- Overseas non-ASIC entity.
- Select Search.
If you're not already registered, find out more about registering on the Overseas Register.
To register an issuer you'll need to provide the:
- issuer's name and registration number from the list of overseas issuers or Overseas Register
- registration number of the issuer in its country of origin
- issuer's email address, so we can communicate directly with the issuer. If you're a third party acting on behalf of an issuer, this must be the issuer's email address, not yours.
Provide an address for service
All offers on the Disclose Register need an address for service in New Zealand. If you're an existing overseas issuer, check to see if a New Zealand address for service is listed for you.
You can search the list of overseas issuers on the Companies Office website to see whether we hold an address for service for you in New Zealand.
If an address for service is not held, email us with issuer details and the address for service. We'll then update your overseas issuer record.
More 'Overseas offers registration process' guides:
- Find out how to register an overseas offer on the Disclose Register.
- Find out what happens after you submit your application to register an overseas offer.