A managed investment scheme is an investment that pools money from many investors. You need to register a managed investment scheme on the Disclose Register before you can make an offer under that scheme.
Who can register an offer
To register a managed fund offer you must:
- have a RealMe® login
- be a registered user of your organisation's online services account
- have authority to act.
Before you begin your application
Make sure you have all the information and documents you'll need to complete your online application.
Participants are added when you register the underlying scheme.
Some participants to an offer will need to be registered as a Financial Service Provider and/or licensed to provide a specific financial service.
Legislative reference guide
The reference guide contains legislation relating to sections of your online application for registration.
Register a managed fund offer
To register a managed fund offer, log in to your organisation's online services account and follow these steps.
- Select the Register tab.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload your documents for the offer.
- On the Review screen check that your application is complete and correct.
- Tick the declaration check-box and select Submit.
- Pay the registration fee, if applicable.
- Select the Continue button on the payment screen to send your application to us for acceptance.
You'll receive confirmation onscreen that your application has been sent to us for acceptance.
You may need to provide fund updates for managed investment schemes (or scheme sections) that are closed to new members.
To do this, you'll need to register a skeleton offer but won't have to provide a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or its associated register data.
When you register your offer, you'll need to tell us that the scheme is closed so the register doesn't ask you to supply a PDS or associated register data. On the offer details tab, follow these steps.
- Tick the checkbox Scheme or scheme section(s) closed at transition, which will display when you select your scheme.
- Indicate whether the scheme is Closed to all investment, or Closed to new investors.
You can register your offer when you provide your first fund update.
Providing managed fund data
You can provide your fund data by:
- uploading a file (XLSX (Excel) or CSV) using one of our data templates, or
- using an Application Programming Interface (API), which is a web-based interface.
Before you upload your fund data, we recommend you read these guides about delivering data, file formats and data requirements.
- Guide for providing managed fund data on the Disclose Register [PDF, 469 KB]
- Managed investment products — managed fund key legislative references guide [PDF, 158 KB]
Extending an offer under the trans-Tasman recognition regime
If you're extending your offer into Australia under the trans-Tasman recognition regime, you'll be required to provide us with a notice of intention.
Extending an offer under the Asia Region Funds Passport regulations
If you want to become an approved Passport Fund under the Asia Region Funds Passport regulations you must first seek approval from the Financial Markets Authority.
Once you have been approved by the FMA and have updated your scheme registration with specific information and documents, and upload a notice of intention to make an offer, to your managed fund offer.
More 'Managed fund offers registration process' guides:
- Check all participants already exist on a register or directory, or add them to the Other participants directory.
- Find out what happens after your submit your application to register an offer.