Managers need to provide an annual confirmation notice to us when at least 1 Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) within the offer is open. This needs to be done no later than 13 months after the date the first PDS was registered, or the previous confirmation date.
Who can file a notice
To file a notice you must:
- have a RealMe® login
- be a registered user of your organisation's online services account
- have authority to act.
You'll receive email reminders from us when your next confirmation notice is due. A filing fee will be payable.
Once the confirmation notice is provided, you should receive a decision from us within 3 working days. When accepted, we'll advise the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).
We may need more information
If we're unable to accept the annual confirmation notice, for example, if an incorrect document has been uploaded or a document is illegible, we'll email you.
The In progress section of your Dashboard will show the status of your annual confirmation notice as Revise.
We may not accept for some reason
Make sure you double-check all your information. If your annual confirmation notice is rejected, you'll need to complete a new annual confirmation and pay a new registration fee.
Filing notices on time
If the annual confirmation notice isn't provided on time, we'll advise FMA that it's overdue.
We can't waive breaches or grant extensions in filing time. If you want to discuss late or overdue filing, contact FMA through their Ask a Question online service.
Changing a confirmation date
You can change your confirmation date as long as your new date doesn't exceed 13 months after the date the first PDS was registered, or the previous confirmation date.
More 'Other managed investment scheme (MIS) offers' guides:
- Find out what information and documents you need to provide when registering an offer.
- Some online transactions, such as registering an offer, have a fee attached.
- Find out how to update offer details and documents.
- Read our guidelines for preparing and uploading documents, including PDS.
- Find out how and when to file financial statements for an offer.
- Find out how to withdraw an offer before it opens, or finalise an offer that's no longer active.
- These guides relate to sections of your online application to register an offer.