Once an offer has been withdrawn or finalised on the Disclose Register, we'll advise the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).
Who can withdraw or finalise an offer
To withdraw or finalise an offer you must:
- have a RealMe® login
- be a registered user of your organisation's online services account
- have authority to act
Withdraw an offer before it opens
To withdraw an offer, log in to your organisation's online services account and follow the steps.
- Search for the offer you want to withdraw.
- Under the Offer maintenance services drop-down menu select Withdraw offer.
We'll advise the FMA that the offer has been withdrawn.
Finalise an offer
You should finalise an offer if all financial products have been cancelled, redeemed or forfeited, or if all of the obligations owing under the products have been discharged.
The offer must be closed for applications before you can finalise it — an offer is closed for applications if the offeror is no longer accepting applications for the financial products on offer.
To finalise your offer, log in to your organisation's online services account and follow these steps.
- Search for the offer you want to finalise.
- Under the Offer maintenance services drop-down menu select Finalise offer.
We'll advise the FMA that the offer has been finalised.
More 'Other managed investment scheme (MIS) offers' guides:
- Find out what information and documents you need to provide when registering an offer.
- Some online transactions, such as registering an offer, have a fee attached.
- Find out how to update offer details and documents.
- Read our guidelines for preparing and uploading documents, including PDS.
- Find out when you need to file an annual confirmation notice for an offer.
- Find out how and when to file financial statements for an offer.
- These guides relate to sections of your online application to register an offer.