Disclose Register terms and conditions
These terms and conditions for the Disclose Register set out what's required when you use our online services. They help ensure that the information you provide us is kept secure, and that the information we must make available to the public is accurate and as up to date as possible.
The Disclose Register is administered by the Companies Office, which is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). You're being asked to agree to these terms and conditions for the use of our online services, so please read them carefully and ensure you understand them. If you choose to accept them and continue on to create an online services account, these terms and conditions will form an agreement between you and MBIE.
Our commitment to you
If you agree to our terms and conditions, we'll use all reasonable care and skill to:
- provide online services that are easy to use, with online help and guidance
- make these services available 24/7 — excluding maintenance and outages
- provide you with voice and email support from our Business Service Centre during normal business hours — but not on public holidays
- keep all non-public information you've provided to us secure from unauthorised access
- only allow authorised users to change information you've provided to us
- ensure that information we provide about our services is kept up to date.
MBIE doesn't accept any responsibility or liability for:
- the accuracy or content of material on the Disclose Register
- any loss you incur in connection with your use of these services, including any costs and expenses.
Your commitment to us
You agree that you will:
- not knowingly or recklessly use, or attempt to use, any of our services for a purpose for which it wasn't intended, including any unlawful purpose
- notify our Business Service Centre immediately if you know, or have reason to believe, that there has been, or is about to be, fraudulent or other unlawful use of any of our services.
If you're an administrator of an organisation's online services account, you also agree to:
- manage access to our services by other users who are connected to your organisation, by keeping user information updated and closing user accounts if users no longer need access to our services via your organisation
- manage delegated authorities, which provide your organisation with the ability to make use of our services on behalf of other users.
If you grant delegated authority to allow another user to access our services on your behalf, you agree to:
- acknowledge that you're granting that user the right to make use of our services on your behalf, including but not limited to, the amendment of data in relation to the organisation that has had delegated authority applied to it
- accept that any action performed by users to whom you've granted delegated authority is, in effect, being done on your behalf and that you’re responsible for any actions they perform on your behalf.
If you accept delegated authority to make use of our services on behalf of another user, you agree to:
- acknowledge that you're accepting the right to make use of our services on their behalf, including but not limited to, the amendment of data for an entity over which you have delegated authority
- acknowledge that any action performed by you in relation to any delegated authority you've been granted is made in the knowledge that you're acting on behalf of the user who has granted you that authority.
The purpose of your commitment to us is to protect the integrity and security of:
- our online services, and
- the information provided by you and other people who use these services.
If you don't honour your commitment, third parties may be able to take actions that appear to be on your behalf. These actions may result in a breach of security or privacy, and you may be held responsible for this.
Access to our services — RealMe®
Access to our services is governed by your RealMe® login, which provides us with security over access to our sites and identifies who you are.
You are responsible for keeping your RealMe username and password confidential. Any actions on our sites from your RealMe username and password will be considered by us to have been made by you.
RealMe lets you access our registers and connects you to your user account with MBIE.
Your user account provides us with associated information, including:
- details about you — for example, your email address
- services you've opted to use
- organisations you're linked to, if any
- details you're authorised to edit for those organisations— for example, companies for which you're able to file documents
- whether you're an administrator for an organisation registered with us
- whether you've been delegated the authority to act on behalf of any other user(s).
If you're an administrator for an organisation, you can set up additional accounts for other users attached to that organisation to use our services. Any users you create will need to obtain their own RealMe login before they can activate their user account with us.
Fees and levies
You're responsible for the payment of fees and levies for the services we provide you under your online services account, no matter who uses it. If there's a charge for the service you're using, you'll be advised of the amount due at the end of the transaction, and taken to our payment gateway.
Monthly account payment option
We offer a monthly account payment option, which allows customers to make use of our services, receive an invoice at the end of each month, and pay within 20 working days from the date of the invoice.
At the beginning of each month you'll be emailed an invoice detailing all fee-bearing services used during the previous month. The invoices and other notices will be sent to the email address you have given us.
Please call the contact number or email the address displayed on your invoice if you think there is a mistake with your invoice. Any incorrect fees will be credited to your account.
Credit or debit card payment option
If you only use our services occasionally, credit or debit card payment is a practical payment option. We offer secure credit and debit card transactions using 128-bit encryption technology. Your transaction is validated in real time and confirmed immediately to you by email. A tax invoice will appear on screen that you're able to print for your own records if you wish.
We accept the following credit and debit cards:
- American Express
You must provide the Card Security Code (CSC) when paying by credit/debit card. This is the 3 or 4-digit card verification number printed on the back or front of your credit/debit card.
- On a Visa, Mastercard or Diners credit card you will typically find a 3-digit CSC number on the back of the card printed in the top-right corner of the signature panel.
- On an American Express credit card, you will find a 4-digit CSC number on the front of the card, above the main credit card number.
Non-payment of fees
In the event of non-payment of fees, or non-compliance of our payment terms, you will be responsible for all legal costs. We will look to revoke the service that we have provided to you. If revoking the service is not possible, then we may refer the matter to a debt collection agency.
Unlawful access or use
If you knowingly access or use, or attempt to access or use (or allow an unauthorised person to access or use), any of our services for an unlawful purpose — including but not limited to fraud or attempted fraud or hacking or attempted hacking — you'll be liable to pay any party (or MBIE on its behalf) the amount of the loss suffered by them caused directly or indirectly by your unlawful actions.For the avoidance of doubt, this clause isn't intended to confer benefits enforceable by third parties under the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
Suspension of your online services account
For the protection of users, other people, or MBIE itself, we may suspend or disable your online services account without notice if we consider that:
- disabling your online services account is necessary to maintain the integrity or security of our services or any organisation or person
- the online services account is being misused or has otherwise been compromised, or
- you breach these terms and conditions.
The privacy statement for our services applies to your personal information collected by MBIE.
By registering for an online services account and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you'll be regarded as having read and agreed to the terms of that privacy statement. Make sure you've read and are comfortable with the privacy statement before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Disclose is a public register, and we are therefore obliged to make some of the information provided by you relating to offers and schemes available to the public.
Email address privacy
We won't disclose your email address to third parties, but we may use it to update you with information about our services.
If you have a dispute with MBIE in connection with these terms and conditions or any of our services, call our Business Service Centre. Both you and our Business Service Centre will use all reasonable efforts in good faith to resolve the dispute. If you and our Business Service Centre can't resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may ask the Business Service Centre to escalate the dispute to the appropriate MBIE representative.
We will then promptly contact you to try to resolve the dispute. If, following this, the dispute is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you may take such action as you consider appropriate, such as making a complaint to the Ombudsman or commencing legal proceedings.
Invalidity or unenforceability
If any of these terms and conditions, or their application to any person or circumstances is, to any extent, held to be invalid or unenforceable:
- the remainder of these terms and conditions or the application of such terms and conditions to any other person or circumstances shall not be affected
- each term shall be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law
- the invalid or unenforceable term will be deemed to be amended to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention, as determined from this website.
Amendments to terms and conditions and privacy statement
We can revise these terms and conditions and the privacy statement from time to time. We'll advise you of any changes by a notice on this website. Your continued use of our services, through the act of making use of your online services account with us, indicates your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about our Terms & Conditions, please contact our Business Service Centre.